Friday, January 29, 2010

Fiona's book gallery

Sharing is always a good thing to do... And book sharing is even better... (at least I think it is)...

I would suggest one book as one of the TOP 5 books in Fiona's Book Gallery...

It's called The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. ( 龙纹身的女孩)(originally called in swedish: "Män som hatar kvinnor").

Although the version I read is in Chinese, but I bet the English version is as nice. It's one of the best detectives stories that I have read so far with a shocking ending. It's evil, it's dark and however it is kind of real. And it gets me to know how Europeans live, which I think it's kind of different from Americans... From the book, I got to know Europeans live on open cucumber sandwiches (not sure about how true it is).

The story is now made into movie... I'm not sure if the movie is as nice, but I have seen the trailer which I think it's quite good.


photo by Fiona 2010


photo by Fiona 2010

It's about a girl mysteriously disappeared for 40 years and how a journalist with the help of an asocial punk uncovered the dark and evil secret of the family and the disappearance. A really nice story which is worth reading... and worth buying an original copy...

Highly recommended by Fiona's Book Gallery....

2 comments: